03 April 2013

C is for Curious

Cyrano began asking me all sorts of questions, but left no room for me to talk. This mad, strange alien seeked answers like a curious scientist.

"Well, if you don't know how you got here, maybe I could figure it out. Yes, lets see here now, you're from earth obviously senior in what you Americans call high school? Your favorite color is yellow, correct? Higher level physics student? Brilliant! Yes, yes. You were sleeping.." He pauses and looks me up and down, "Yes obviously." Walking around me in a circle he lifts my red hair and says "Ah, a ginger."

He walks away and returns to snooping around the remainder of my room. His rant has given me time to form something to say no matter how weak it is.

"I'm on mars."

Cyrano turns around to look at me sitting on my bed staring into space. He lowers himself to my eye level and whispers "Yes. Space."

I look him in the eyes. "Why me? Why am I on Mars?"

Cyrano laughs quietly. "You're just special. I can't figure it out but something has brought me to this exact point for a reason. A human on mars..." At this point I can tell he has gotten lost in his own mind. I walk to my closet suspended in space. I pull out two changes of clothes, my rain coat, my favorite pair of boots and a satchel. Even though I had no signal or WiFi I packed my laptop, my phone and my iPod. I looked at Cyrano, still mumbling to himself.

I sigh and walk up to him. "Okay, how did you get here?" He sees my bag and laughs.

"This way."

1 comment: