12 April 2013

K is for Kick

"Well of course they've got WiFi, everyone does! Who do you think gave it to them? You're a bit slow aren't you?" Cyrano stands up and taps on my head. I was growing tired of being insulted for not knowing things, so I kicked him. Cyrano jumps back in pain and one of the Martians begins to snicker.

"Oi! What was that for?"

"You keep insulting me as if I'm supposed to know this stuff! Well, I don't. And I want to help out and I want to get home just as bad as you! So instead of mocking me, why don't you connect me to the internet?"
Cyrano is dumbfounded. He goes into the ship, brings out my laptop and connects me. I say thank you and he nods.

I Google the plans for the Mars Rover. On the plans, they have included a reset footage button. Go figure.

"Hey Cyrano, come look at this."

"Not now, rather busy."

I look up at the Martian and he shrugs.

"Not a very good listener is he, that one?"

"Not at all," I say.


No comments:

Post a Comment