11 April 2013

J is for Jump

I shake my head at this Martian. This was a lot of weight on my shoulders. Cyrano probably could do it all by himself, but for some reason it required both of us. The closest thing to an engineering degree I had was  building one of my older laptops with my mom, and changing the oil in my car. I didn't think that this was enough to fix the Mars Rover.

"I don't think you really need my help. But Cyrano and I will do the best we can."

The Martian bows, and the other nine follow his lead. Cyrano jumps back from the Rover to look at me and the Martians. He frowns and scratches his head. With nothing witty to say, he resumes his inspection.

"Um. Are there only ten of you guys?" The Martians stand up and nod.

"So you don't repopulate? Or?" 

The Martian who has been speaking for the group answers. "We're not immortal  but we can be as long as no one attempts to harm us. And yes, there are only 10 of us. Which is why the humans can't see us. If they saw life on our planet, or that it was even remotely possible, they would come here. That could be the death of us."

 I couldn't disagree. 

The martian continues,"But one doofus accidentally moved when the Rover came by. And the Rover captured everything, including how to get into our homes. We need your help to delete the footage and discourage the humans."

I nodded.  "Who has WiFi?"


2 comments:

  1. Hey there I have Wifi! great post! I just popped by to say hello as part of the A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not into Wifi, so afraid I'm a bit clueless, but best of luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete