10 April 2013

I is for Insanity

When the Martian extends the Rover to us, Cyrano instantly picks it up and inspects it. "Well now! It seems to have caught images of you moving around. I take it you want this footage deleted?'

The Martian that asked for help nodded. "The humans can't know about us."

I looked at the Martian. "Then why am I here? Send me back to Earth!"

"I can't. You have to fix the problem. And make sure that the humans never see us."

"Shouldn't you be talking to someone at NASA?"

The Martian shakes his head. "No. We scanned the entire Earth for someone trustworthy and smart. You were the only one who passed the test."

"This is insanity!" I shout. "I'm in high school. I don't posses a degree! And I surely can't fix the Mars Rover!"

The Martian smiles. "You'd be surprised of what you're capable of."

No comments:

Post a Comment