04 April 2013

D is for Decision

I had made the decision that if I wanted to get home, the best way to do so was to put in effort. I thought with Cyrano's help somehow we could figure it out. Cyrano steps out of the boundary that is my room, and a portal opens. I hesitate.

"Oh come on, now! No worries, I just hid my ship. Martians, crazy little critters."
I step into the opening and he closes the portal. I become completely engulfed in the ship. It isn't normal. Rather, it is not normal in terms of Star Trek. It is a blue circular room with 14 doors. It reminded me of a hospital waiting room. Before I can ask for an explanation, Cyrano begins.

"Well now! This-" He motions to the room,"Is my ship. The fourteen doors all have several different things in them, but that's not important. This is the control room however." He walks to the center of the room, and out of nowhere a wheel and control center appears. Above each door is a window and out of them you see the red sand of Mars. I back up into a chair, and sit to steady myself. Cyrano stares at me with a worrying look. I take a deep breath.

"Alright. I need to get back to Earth. How do I even do it? Your ship can take me back, right?"

Cyrano looks down. "I don't know, actually. But its worth a shot." He begins twisting nobs, and turning the wheel. I run to one of the windows and see the surface of Mars disappear slowly, and then its gone completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment