05 April 2013

E is for Eager

I was eager to return to Earth for my test. Which I think is the opposite of any teenager. But it was senior year. It was almost over. Right after midterms college acceptance letters go out, and I was looking forward to it.

Earth came into distance and I sighed in relief. But as soon as we entered the atmosphere, everything went white and we were zapped back to Mars. I screamed which caused Cyrano to jump. "Oi! Keep your feelings to yourself, will you?"

"Sorry," I mumbled.

Cyrano slams one of his hands down on the console, and claps his other set of hands together. He turns to me, and smiles. "Well. It seems we're stuck." I can't hold back at this point. "What do you mean, stuck?! You find this funny, don't you four arms? Well I don't! I'm so close to finishing high school, and achieving my dreams. Instead I'm stuck with you. And I can't even leave!"

His face turns dark, and he walks up to me slowly. "I was in the middle of making history, when all of a sudden I am pulled away from my research. I find myself in a ship, in the middle of space, two hundred million miles away from my home planet. I tried to go home, but each time I got closer and closer to Mars. I can't get away no matter how hard I try. I was dragged away two years ago. And you, you complain about not getting back in time for school." He practically growls the last word and turns his back to me.

I'm in shock. "What have you been doing for two years?"

He looks at me over his shoulder. "Same thing you've been doing. Trying to get home."

No comments:

Post a Comment