08 April 2013

G is for Gallant

He jumps out of his chair. "I guess we should just go for it. Being gallant is always the way to go." He runs over to the control panel and begins pressing buttons.
"What are you doing?" I shout over the rumble of his ship.

"Removing the invisibility shield from the ship! Can't help the martians if they can't see us! Oh, put your bag down by the way, make yourself at home. It's yours now too."

I sit my bag down in the chair and walk over to the control panel  On one of the brightly lit screens I see martians coming into view. Instead of being the little green men I had always imagined, they were red. The formed themselves out of the sand and stood in front of the ship cheering.

"I've never seen a martian."

Cyrano looks at me. "Me either, just in books."

"How is that possible when you have been here for years?"

"According to my books they only come up when you're visible and not hiding yourself. And when they need help."

Quietly I reflect on this. What if this is the reason that on Earth is never able to see people from other worlds.

Cyrano taps me on my head and brings me back to the current situation.

"Come on then, it's time meet the Martians."



1 comment: